Saturday, July 28, 2012

Got my home smelling frugally good!!


I ran across a homemade air freshener on some website and decided to try it because it seemed so simple.  I just grabbed my Magic Bullet and poured a little baking soda with a few drops of Peppermint extract that I had in my spice cabinet and mixed it well.  Then I placed about 1/8-1/4 of a cup in a coffee filter and tied it with a bread tie.  I hung one under a side table, one under my bathroom cabinet....where my cat litter box is at, then one in the window seal of my sons window and then one behind a photo in my bedroom.  My home now smells of a beautiful peppermint aroma!  Especially my bathroom!!  You cannot even tell that I have a cat littler box in my bathroom, and I have a tiny apartment bathroom so it is always pretty noticeable, as much as I try to camouflage the fact.  The website said that if the smell starts to weaken, you just shake up the little ball and it will be strong again.  Needless to say, I will keep you updated on the progress of these and the strength and longevity of the air freshener.  But I already had baking soda on hand and peppermint oil (you can use any flavor of your choice!)  So it was approximately about a quarter for my air freshener! 

No comments:

Post a Comment